Tuesday 7 June 2016

£20 Makeup Challenge

Today I'm doing the £20 Makeup Challenge because I really like watching these and I wanted to see if I could create a budget makeup look and I will say it actually was hard but I did go 16p over the budget but I couldn't make it any cheaper. 

I started over my look with the Miss Sporty Insta Glow Foundation in 003 Medium (£3.49) and it was the cheapest one I had so I kind of had to use this. I then used the most expensive product in this challenge and it is the classic Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer (£4.19) as I really like this concealer and it was the only one I had. Then I set my foundation and concealer with a Technic Translucent Powder (Could find no price online) and I really like this powder as it gives off no other shimmer and if I wanted shimmer I would use some bronzer (however this time I couldn't afford it). Lastly for face I added some blusher with the Miss Sporty Insta Glow Blusher in 004 Glowing Mauve (£2.99) for some colour and I really like this colour as it suits my skin tone.

Moving onto eyes I started with eyeshadow and I used the cheapest eyeshadow palette I could find which is the P.S. 8 Shade Day Eyeshadow Palette (£2.50) and I used the lighter colours for a base and in the inner corner and the darkest brown shade as my main colour for my eyes and it looked really natural but nice. I then moved onto my favourite part which is mascara and I used this P.S. Lash Defining Mascara (£2) as this mascara really lengthens my lashes while giving a bit of volume and it looked good with a natural eye look. Lastly for eyes I used my Collection Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner (£2.99) as I still wanted some eyeliner and I could do a small little flick with the nip on this pen.

The last thing I did was put on some lip product and I used the P.S. Love Liquid Lipstick in 07 Neon Pink (£2) and it did look really nice on the lips but I don't think it went too well with the eye look so if I was to do this again I would've used 01 Pink which is a lighter, more natural shade as this one is too dark and bright for a day look.

That was how I tried to do a whole makeup look for £20 but I did fail and the overall total came to £20.16- if I was to try this again I would most definately use a different, cheaper concealer as I think that the concealer was why I went over the budget and I know I could've got one for cheaper if I looked at Miss Sporty or maybe even Primark.

No comments:

Post a Comment