Friday 10 June 2016

Desk Essentials

I have talked a lot on my blog about my love for stationery so I thought I would share with you my desk and what essentials I like to have on it. I actually wrote this post before but I deleted it as I didn't think it was my best work so here it is again.

So my desk does have a lot on it but I personally prefer to have everything out than away so it's easier to get to things, especially as my desk doesn't have any storage (because it actually isn't a desk it's my old toy box which I've never got rid of). I have a bit in the middle where I do all my work and put my laptop to work and then I have everything around it which I might need.

On the right of the desk that's where I keep all of my notebooks and my planner and some other random things like my cup organiser from Tiger and my glasses case. In my cup organiser I keep rubber bands, washi tape and hand sanitizer. 

Moving onto the middle I keep all of my pens in pen pots from Wilko (the white ones) and Primark (the one in the middle). I also keep my corkboard which I love and it helps me be so organised and as you can see there is a lot of post it notes on there. I also keep some mints or gum just so I have fresh breath. 

Finally on the left of the desk I keep my storage drawers which hold all of my extra stationery and on top I keep a colour changing lamp from Primark and I also have a normal lamp behind. Also next to my drawers I keep my phone. Inside the top drawer I keep Post It Notes (I have a lot of them), then in the middle drawer I have random stuff such as paperclips, push pins and washi tape and lastly in the bottom drawer I keep beauty essentials like my lips balms and hand cream.

Now I thought I would share with you some of my favourite things which I like to keep on my desk and why they're an essential for me.

Felt Tips- A bit of a weird one to include but I use these felt tips all the time as they don't really bleed through paper like Sharpies so these are to have if you write to write in notebooks but don't want pen bleeding through thr other page as I personally hate it when that happens. These are the Bic Kids Visa Felt Tips 18 Pack.

Cup Organiser- I like to keep this organiser on my desk as it's really handy to keep small things in such as hand sanitizer, rubber bands (I have a big ball of rubber bands but I've never used any) and some washi tape. This is from Tiger but you can easily DIY this by hot gluing 3 cups together.
(Sorry about the text being in the middle, blame Blogger)


Glasses Case- If you didn't know I have to wear glasses and I have to wear them all of the time as otherwise I can't really see and if I wasn't to wear them when I was using technology I would get a really bad headache so it's best to wear them but I need to clean them usually so I keep my glasses case on my desk so I can clean them and this cute glasses case is from Paperchase.


Planner- Everyone should have some sort of planner in their life whether it's a paper one or one on your phone/computer but I prefer paper ones as I never use digital ones. I write everything I need to do in this and throughout the day I will check it and see whether I've completed it and what I still need to do. This planner is from Tesco and I love the way it's set out inside.


Notebooks- Notebooks are probably not an essential for everyone as some people like to have everything on their computer/laptop but I cannot do that and I need to have all my plans and thoughts in a notebook and I also like how you can decorate notebooks but you can't if everything is on your computer. These notebooks are from WHSmith.

Corkboard- As I mentioned I love my corkboard as it keeps me so organised and whenever I think of an idea or something I need to do I can write it on a post it and just use a push pin and later I can write it neatly in my planner as I love my planner to be really neat and pretty to look at. The corkboard is from Wilko but I DIY-ed it using washi tape.


Pens- If I'm using a notebook I need to use pens so I like to have a selection as I really like pens, weird but stationery lovers will understand. I have Papermate InkJoy pens which I use in my planner, Sharpies which I use everywhere as I love them, Staedtler Fineliners which I use in notebooks and also colourful ball pens which I use in notebooks.


Water-  Obviously I don't want to become dehydrated so I usually have a tumbler cup of water on my desk. Sometimes I do have fizzy drinks like today I have Coke Zero but most of the time it's water and especially during the evening. I always have a tumbler cup as they're easier and reusable and this one is from Primark.

That is my desk. I hope you enjoyed this stationery themed post as their my favourite posts and if you want more from me I have loads of social media accounts which you can find at the bottom of this post.

Twitter- @_louisecarter_ 
Instagram- @thelipstickinsider
Spotify- louisesprinkles
Pinterest- Louise Carter/louisesprinkles
Tumblr- louisesprinkles

No comments:

Post a Comment