Monday 20 June 2016

Beauty Spotlight | Collection

You might remember I did a Beauty Spotlight back in January (for Barry M- LINK) but today I have one for Collection as I have been using a lot of their makeup recently and I am happy with pretty much all of the products I've tried so far and I've tried products from foundation to eyeliner to nail polish. This will be quite a long post so get comfy and get some food.

Firstly we have the Collection Naturally Matt Foundation which claims to give you an 'all day fresh matt finish' and I can say it does. I don't think everyone would like it as some people want a glowy, dewy finish but this one is more of an everyday one if you like the natural look. It's also really easy to blend (however I prefer to use a brush than a Beauty Blender) and it lasts all day if you set it well. I also want to try the Collection Lasting Perfection Foundation but I'm currently using 2 different ones so I'm going to wait. This is £2.99 which is amazing for a foundation.

Next up we have the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer which is the drugstore concealer everyone talks about and so am I now! This is a great concealer as it's covers and brightens under eye circles so you look more awake and more healthier but it's also good for blemishes but as I luckily *touch wood* don't have any I use this more for under eyes. This is £4.19

Something now to set all of the foundation and concealer is the Collection Pressed Powder in the shade Ivory 18. I really like this powder as it's cheap and cheerful so it's amazing if you're on a budget but it does set your makeup into place all day but I do like to carry this is my handbag. This is £1.99.

Lastly for face products we have a bronzer and it's the Collection Bronze Glow Mosaic Bronzer in 2 Radiant. This bronzer is perfect for the summer as there is loads of gorgeous shades and looks amazing when you swirl your brush around in the pot. It also gives you a nice healthy glow which is good if you're not going away to a hot country to get a natural tan (like me). This is £2.99

Moving onto products for the eyes (there's a lot of mascaras so I've warned you) and we're going to start off with the Collection Eyes Uncovered Eyeshadow Palette in Nude. I love this eyeshadow and it's perfect for someone on a budget as the pigmentation is amazing especially the darker shades (swatches are above). All of the shades in this palette are really neutral so it's the best one out of the Eyes Uncovered Eyeshadow Palettes for the most neutral look. This is £3.99.

Next up we have the Collection Extreme 24Hr Felt Tip Liner in Black 1. I think this is the cheapest felt tip liner in the drugstore (but I could be wrong) and it's a really good one. It's really easy to apply because of the shape of the nib is a great size to do a perfect winged liner. It also has a good lasting time (pretty much all day) and doesn't smudge unless you really rub your eyes so I don't carry this round when I'm wearing it. This is £2.99

Onto the billions of Collection mascaras I have (I only have 4) we'll start with the Collection Supersize Fat Lash Mascara. This mascara does what it says on the packaging and makes you have really long and volumised lashes which I really love. This mascara is perfect for when you go on night outs as it will last you all night without top ups and if you're not a fan of false lashes (I'm not) this will give you false lashes effect lashes. This is £2.99.

Next up we have the Collection Lengthening Waterproof Mascara which is one of the mascaras I wear the most. I wear this a lot because it's a really nice natural mascara whilst still giving you length. This is a good waterproof mascara although it can go clumpy if you start to cry or your eyes water but it doesn't clump you lashes when you apply it so that's the only problem but overall it is a good mascara and I will continue to wear it on the daily. I do also have the non waterproof one (which I forgot I had until the other day) and that's the same but not waterproof so it doesn't have the clumping issue. This is £3.99

Now we have a very similar mascara to the one above and it's the Collection Volumising Waterproof Mascara so the same but the volumising one. Unlike the Supersize Fat Lash Mascara above this one isn't as volumised but still gives you really nice lashes and they're not too in your face which is good for everyday and I still wear this to school and it doesn't look fake. This is £3.99

The last mascara is the Collection Longer Lash Lengthening Mascara (couldn't find a link but I bought mine in Tesco). This one is really lengthening and really separates your lashes which I really like and your lashes are really fluttery and cute which I really like especially for natural, relaxed days. This is £2.99

Not long to go now! Moving onto lips firstly we have the Collection Lasting Colour Matte Lipsticks in Paper Rose and Pink Diva . Both of these shades are gorgeous being a matte nude (paper rose) and a dark pink (Pink Diva) and they also both last for a long time even whilst eating and drinking so I was very impressed. These are both £2.99

Just like above we have the Collection Lasting Colour Lipsticks in Cupcake Pink and Delicious Candy. Unlike above these are glossy and not matte but I don't always want matte and these 2 are more natural pinks which I really like to wear. They're also very moisturising and don't make my lips go all chapped which I hate. There's also a good colour selection so there's something for everyone. These are both £2.99

Lastly for lips we have the Collection Work The Colour Moisturising Lip Butter in Popping Pink. I don't normally go for lip butters but I really like this one as the colour is gorgeous and is really moisturising. Sadly I got a rubbish one and most of the product came out and I will get a new one in this colour because I really like it. This is £2.99

Finally the last product but you're probably not even reading anymore and it's the Collection Up To 7 Day Nail Polish in Sonic Blue. I really like the colour of this and I'm currently wearing it on my toenails as it's something very different especially for me. This is a good quailty nail polish and doesn't chip for quite a few days which I really like especially for the price. This is £1.99

OMG that was longer than I expected and I hope you read it all but I did really like making it. I won't keep you any longer but before you go follow me on Twitter (@_louisecarter_) and Instagram (@thelipstickinsider)

No comments:

Post a Comment