Wednesday 29 June 2016

Beauty Haul + First Impressions

Today I have a Beauty Haul today with some of my recent purchases from Superdrug. I am also going to be including my first impressions, which all seem to be good so I'm really happy with my purchases from Collection, Maybelline, Rimmel and more!

Collection Pressed Powder- I know I have already included this on my blog but I haven't hauled it yet so here you go. It is a good and cheap powder so it's good if you're on a budget or are just starting out with makeup as it's a simple translucent powder. It doesn't give any glow as it's translucent but I like using bronzer for my glow and as it has no glow it means it's good for people starting out with makeup.
This was £1.99 from Superdrug

Collection Bronze Glow Mosaic in 2 Radiant- On the topic of glow now we have something which gives glow! This one gives a natural glow which I like as I don't want to look like a discoball and the shades in this mosaic are gorgeous. Sadly there are some negatives such that you do need to swipe a lot of product onto your brush and it's not as pigmented as I would've liked which is a shame for Collection products.
This was £2.99 from Superdrug

Collection Naturally Matt Foundation in 3 Cool Beige- I did want to get the Collection Lasting Perfection Foundation but they didn't have my shade so I thought I would get a matte foundation which I haven't tried before. It looks really pretty and natural which I like and wasn't sure whether if it would because it's a matte finish which I really like and will try more matte finish foundations. It blends really nicely and easily with both a Beauty Blender and a normal foundation brush and lastly I would've preferred a different packaging with a pump as it's easier but it is a cheap foundation so obviously there's not going to be amazing packaging.
This was £2.99 from Superdrug

Collection Lasting Colour Lipstick in 7 Delicious Candy- As you probably know these are my favourite lipsticks so I thought I would get another shade! It's a really natural pink which I don't have many of as usually I go for brighter colours and the pink isn't too dark I find it's just right for me. It's not part of the matte collection but it does have a really nice formula. My favourite way of wearing it has been with a smoky/dark eyeshadow look so there's more focus on that then the lip colour.
This was £2.99 from Superdrug

P.S. Love Waterproof Mascara- I've already tried a mascara from P.S. Love (Primark's beauty range) and loved it so I wanted to try their waterproof mascara. It's both volumising and lengthening which I really like and that makes it good for any occasion which I like. I really like the packaging as I like metal packaging on anything and makes it look more expensive than £2 and the mascara is also amazing for that- no faults!
This was £2 from Primark

Collection Longer Lash Lengthening Mascara- This time focusing on lengthening and this mascara by Collection really gives you long lashes which is what I want, the longer the better! As well as making your lashes long it's still good for everyday as there isn't any volume. I wish there was a waterproof version because I only wear waterproof mascara and as it's not waterproof I can't wear it as much. Because it's by Collection I had high expectations because they're really good quality for cheap and it lived up to them expectations.
This was £2.99 from Tesco

Essence All Eyes On Me Mascara- Waterproof Multi-Effect- I had never tried anything from Essence before but I saw this mascara and wanted to try it and OMG it is amazing. It applys really nicely and has a really nice applicator which I was very happy about as I wasn't expecting it. It's more lengthening than volumising but it's still amazing and looks really nice. The packaging is ok but what do you expect from a £2 mascara. This is definately going to be a favourite because I can't get enough of it.
This was £2 from Wilko

Miss Sporty Clubbing Colour Nail Polishes- Miss Sporty don't have the shade names on the bottles (really annoying!) but the ones I got were the yellow and the pink. The brush is really big and nice so you don't have to do as many swipes as you would with a smaller brush so it makes the whole process quicker. It drys quickly- it says under 60 seconds but I haven't checked after 60 seconds so I can't say. Pink you need one coat as it's quite dark and yellow you need 2 coats which I think is pretty good.
These were £1.99 from Superdrug

Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Me- I've already tried an Electro Baby Lips and the Watermelon but this one is very popular so I wanted to try it. It's smells amazing and like cherry as the name suggests obviously. It gives a natural tint which I like, I know it might be darker on some lips as I have quite dark lips so it didn't really do that much. It's very moisturising to the lips which I know some people don't find with Baby Lips but I do find them moisturising. Overall this is really nice and the next one I want to try is Pink Punch but I have a lot of lip balms at the moment.
This was £2.99 from Superdrug

Rimmel Rita Ora Nail Polish in 498 Rain Rain Go Away- I bought this to wear for a party but I still really like it anyway as it's very different to what I have as all of my other nail polishes are either brights or pastels. It's good quality but that's what I would expect from Rimmel and you do need 2 coats but I'm ok with that as usually you do with any drugstore nail polish. It looks really nice on the nails and I can't wait until I can wear nail polish on my fingernails as I'm definately going to be wearing this.
This was £2.99 from Superdrug

When I bought most of this stuff from Superdrug, they had a 3 for 2 offer on and you also got a free makeup bag so I got 2 of them because I bought quite a bit and luckily I like the design. It's really good for your handbag because it's really padded and I'm using it for my in handbag for my makeup bag. I also bought a bunch of minis (well only 3) for an upcoming blog post. I won't talk through all of these as what can I say about a toothpaste but I still wanted to include them.

-I Love... Minty Choc Chip Bath & Shower Cream £2.99
-Aquafresh Fresh & Minty Toothpaste 20ml £1.29
-Tic Tac 100 Fresh Mint Pack £1.39
-Dove Go Fresh Pomegranate & Lemon Verbena Scent Antiperspirant 35ml £1.20  
-Superdrug Hand & Nail Cream £1.05

That was a long, massive post so you're probably not even reading so I'll make this quite quick- follow me on Twitter @_louisecarter_ and Instagram @thelipstickinsider as you can see when I go shopping so you can expect a haul.

No comments:

Post a Comment