Tuesday 26 July 2016

Journal 101 | Haul & Tips









Recently I have really been getting into journalling and found that it's a good hobby to have. As this blog is about everything I love I wanted to do a post on journalling as it's what I've been loving at the moment and as I said in my What To Do This Summer When Bored post you could start journalling so today I've thrown together a haul, a what you need list and tips to get started. 


Haul- WHSmith
-Bramble Wood 30cm Flexi Ruler £2.99
-Bramble Wood 6 Assorted Sticky Notes Book £3.49
-WHSmith 10 Colour Ballpen £3.49
-WHSmith Simply Style A4 Wide Ruled Notebook £3.99
-39 Zoo Stickers £1.99
-44 Flower Stickers £1.99
-56 Large Foil Heart Stickers £1.99
-25 Elephant Stickers £1.99
(The stickers were buy 1 get one free)

I love all of my purchases from WHSmith and they are all essentials for me in a journal. The notebook is my journal but I have since DIY-ed it because it was too plain for my liking so I drew on black polka dots with a Sharpie so when you see it in the other pictures it will look a bit different. I love using stickers in my journal because when there's a blank space it adds something and doesn't look as boring so that's why I got a variety of different designers. Last thing I'm going to talk about is the ball pen and this one is good because all the colours are in one place so it's good if you was to journal on the go (which I don't do)

Haul- Tesco
-Pritt Original Glue Stick 22g £1.75
-Hallmark Gallery Rose Tinted Card £1.50
-Go Create Craft Paper 9 Sheets £1.50
-Go Create 100 Sheets Coloured Paper £1.50

I went to Tesco in the hope of finding some colour paper and I also came out with some other journal supplies. Both packs of the colour paper look really great in my journal and I love using other paper in my journal as I like sticking stuff on top of it like images. I also bought a glue stick as there's a lot of sticking in my journal so I needed something and I got Pritt Stick as it's a good name. Lastly I bought a cute card just to stick in one of the pages for when I wanted to do a decoration page with stickers and washi tape.

Haul- Wilko
-Wilko 4 Chunky Highlighters 50p
-Wilko Geometry Set- 4 Piece Set 50p
-Wilko 2 Mechanical Pencils with Refills 75p
-Wilko 10 Wooden HB Pencils 50p
-Zebra Z-Grip Smooth 5 Pack Assorted £1.75
-Wilko Index Cards Multicoloured Pack 50p
-Wilko Micro Tape Roller £1.50
-Wilko Pink Clipboard Folder £1
-Wilko Let's Create 4 Glue Sticks- 2x21g 2x15g
-Wilko 16 I Love Cats Push Pins £1.50

As you can see I bought most of my supplies from Wilko because they are cheap so if you want to see if you like it buy a couple of things from Wilko like your journalling notebook and I also bought them in Wilko because they had the stuff I wanted. I bought some flashcards because in my journal I use them to write titles in and for extra information and I liked these ones as they had colourful borders. I bought some highlighters because I love neon stuff and I like colouring blank spaces with them so there's more colour. I also bought some Zebra colourful pens because I really like the colours and the pens are good pens which write smoothly.

What You Need-
-Notebook
-Pen/Pencil
-Colour biros
-Glue stick
-Washi tape for decoration
-Stickers
-Clipboard
-Colourful paper and card
-Cute flashcards/revision cards
-Somewhere to store all of this e.g. storage box

Tips- 
-You don't need everything that I talked about; it's just your personal style on how you like to decorate

-Keep everything so you know what you did on 7/6/16 in 47 years time. I like to keep receipts, bits from shopping bags, coupons and everything!

-Clipboards are handy if you like making stuff on other pieces of paper and then sticking them in- e.g. drawings if you have a lined notebook and you want to do it on plain paper

-You don't need to make a journal out of an A4 notebook you could make it out of a binder (which I used to do) or a refill pad (which I've also tried). You could also do it whatever size you want (A5, A4)

-Don't force yourself to journal everyday- I like to do it on free days so I can completely zone out and enjoy it not worrying about time.

-You could use your journal for inspiration, which I like to do sometimes, and stick in pictures of clothes that I really like.

-Stickers really add something to the page and are a good filler if you have blank space and don't know what to put

That's all of my tips and my 101 on journalling. Obviously you don't need everything I mentioned as it's about personal style and everyone's journals will be different at the end of the day but this what I like to use and how I journal in case you was wondering and hopefully it gave you some inspiration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment