Saturday 2 July 2016

Productivity Tips

I always go through times where I'm either super productive getting everything and more done or I'm just total lazy and take forever to do the things I need to do so I wanted to share with you some of the tips that have helped me become more productive and get more sh*t done!

1. Make smaller to-do lists with about 3-4 tasks every day so it's more realistic to achieve the goals in one day. If you do complete them do more before planning the next day so you're not encouraged to stop working and end your productivity. I only started it because I couldn't fit many into my planner so it's really helped and afterwards I do more and then plan the next day before I go to bed.

2. Obvious one but don't multitask. Don't text while doing your tasks, don't check social media while doing your tasks. Have breaks and make them for a reasonable time so you can do all of these during your breaks. I don't really like to take long breaks personally because I find I'm more encouraged to stop working.

3. Make routines so always have your breaks at the same time and have it in place so you are always like ok I have (insert time here) minutes left, lets get everything done and it really works.

4. Find out when you are most productive as there's no point trying to do activities when you just don't feel like it. I like to take my blog photos in the morning and I like to do my homework late at night- I don't know why it's just when I work best and produce my best work.

5. Another obvious one but if you have a planner actually use it! Keep it out so you are encouraged to check it on a regular basis and write stuff down when you think of it so you don't forget it. Another thing I like is having a corkboard and pinning post it notes as soon as I think of anything and I really think it's helped my productivity over the last couple of months since I've had it.

I hoped this post helped and if you have any tips let me know in the comments section below. For more on me follow me on my social media which is Twitter (@_louisecarter_) and Instagram (@thelipstickinsider) and I will see you soon on here for some more summer themed posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment